Thứ Sáu, 25 tháng 10, 2013

Sony VAIO T Series SVT13122CXS 13.3-Inch Discount

 Bchaseski (Northeast) :I purchased the Core i5 model with 500gb hard drive with touch. I've been using this Ultrabook for about a week and here are my observations. I'm a software developer and am used to very heavy 17" notebooks with quad-core processors, a dedicated video card, screaming SSD drives and tons of memory, so this is a huge departure from my 'norm'.

The size and weight are very good. Battery life seems to be just about at 5 hours with casual web surfing and a couple of 30 minute streaming videos from Hulu Plus. The processor (Core i5-xxxx) is fast and the combination of the mechanical 500GB hard drive and the 32gb SSD caching drive provide a fast experience. I looked into replacing both with a single 256GB SSD drive I had lying around and it is important to note that the 2.5" drive bay in this is the slim-height kind (7mm). I figured this would be the case so I'm not deducting any stars for that, but it is important to note in case you think you can upgrade it with any old SSD drive. That being said, it is going to cost about $200 more for a compatible SSD drive and that would bump the price up to what it would've cost for a core i7 model with 8gb of ram and a 256gb hard drive pre-installed. I definitely wish I had realized that first as I would've bought that model instead!


yamaharidr:I was skeptical of the i3 processor, but it has worked flawlessly so far. But after finding out that it was a 3rd gen and a dual core, I felt more secure. I usually have at least four or so tabs open at once. Loading facebook, playing videos off youtube, having multiple tabs for homework, and running couple apps, while on the charger and with full brightness. I am happy to say that I have noticed no speed problems or lag, even with multiple youtube videos playing at once and a few other tabs open too. I havnt tried any photo or video editing or 3D games, but I probably will in the near future. But to be fair, this laptop isnt made for gamers anyway. Also, I havnt experienced any heating problems yet, other than just slightly warm.

The trackpad is very easy to use, and It closely resembles that of one on a Mac Book. The multi touch is a big plus for me, for scrolling though web pages and such. But, this laptop truly shines with the touch screen. Windows 8 is basically made to be used with tablet, so I really diddnt want to upgrade unless I had a touch screen. But I will say, using Windows 8 on this touchscreen is an absolute blast! It's just plain fun to play with. Its basically like having a tablet with a full keyboard. The touch screen is by far my favorite feature, and I have had no problems with it yet.


Paul Kim : Design - extremely sexy, aluminum housing is a plus
* Price - great price for an ultrabook! especially because I traded-in my old laptop.
* Keyboard - very friendly arrangement, nice feel
* Trackpad - somewhat a copy of a MacBook trackpad. it's really easy to use (but you'll have to get used to it) and multi-touch gestures are convenient
* Extremely fast boot-up and shut-down
* Very light - almost feels like a feather compared to my old laptop. very portable
* Screen size - I come from a bigger-screen 15.6-inch laptop. So I was skeptical, but I find the screen size to be perfectly fine. It is not small. Good size for basic computing (no gaming, etc.)
* Small adapters make it easy to carry around

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét